8/15/07

The same day, the different meanings.

Today is

1. Obon in Japan
2. The Liberation day of Korea






(This picture is presented at Google.)

Does it have a quite different meaning for the two countries? I think so.
Japanese might have a fun with their familiy,friends,or the other people.
Korean would have some typical events or do nothing special. (I don't care about it)
-As a matter of fact,the Liberation day of Korea is a by-product of the end of the World War II.
Sincerely, I think Korean lack autonomy.-
I don't want to be biased. But I want to know what's the truth between two countries.
In the conservative perspective. Each country claims there own belief.
On the other hand, the progress perspective, they might have a connection to
each other to solve their chronic bad relation.

You can make your mind and have your OWN political sense toward the your nation.

I could advise you. "BE CRITICAL"

오늘은

1. 일본에서의 오본 축제
2. 한국의 광복절

입니다.

두 나라에게 오늘은 확실히 다른 의미를 가지고 있다고 생각하지 않습니까? 저는 그렇다고 생각합니다.
일본인들은 아마 그들의 가족,친구, 혹은 다른 사람들과 즐거운 시간을 보냈을 것입니다.
한국인들은 형식적인 행사를 하거나 특별한 일을 하지 않았을 수도 있습니다. (그다지 상관하지 않습니다만)
-사실상, 한국의 광복절은 2차 세계 대전의 종전에 따른 부산물이기 때문에-
저는 어느 쪽을 편들기 싫습니다. 그러나 두 나라 사이에 있어서 무엇이 진실인지는 알고 싶습니다.
보수-수구-적인 시선에서는 각각의 국가들이 서로의 믿음만을 주장할 뿐입니다.
반면 진보적인 시선에서는 그들은 아마 그들의 고질적이고 악화되어있는 국가 관계 개선을 위한
연결을 가질 수 있을 것입니다.

당신은 마음을 정하고 자신의 국가에 대한 정치적인 감각을 지닐 수 있습니다.

저는 조언할 수 있습니다. '비판적으로 되어 보세요.'





-I edited this article because 'Obon' is not a festival,
My great thank shana.

2 comments:

  1. There are the national ceremony held in memory of people died in battles and for praying for peace 8/15. Obon is the day we recalled and are hold a memorial service for a departed soul. So we went to their family's grave. So here Obon and VJ Day is combined for our mind. 8/14 and 15 are not national day. But almost comapnies gave dayoffs. Maybe many people just used for their travel or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every country has their dayoffs.
    But almost their people use it
    to have a break.
    I don't know 14,15 are not a
    national day. I think your
    companies(I mean, the companies
    of Japan) have tolerance.
    However, you know every country
    has many ultrarightists.
    I saw a photo that many old
    japanese wore a military uniform
    which is used at the World War II.
    I think you are left. Or not?
    I can't conclude someone's
    political mind...

    ReplyDelete